Colosians 1:28

  • "We proclaim Christ, admonishing and teaching everyone with all wisdom, so that we may present everyone perfect in Christ."

Logos

About Nairobi Chapel

Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

Get Adobe Flash player

The Nairobi Chapel is a non-denominational, evangelical congregation of over 2,000 adults and 500 children. The Nairobi Chapel was established in the mid 1950’s by ex-British Army soldiers. However, by the late 1980’s, the size of the congregation had declined to a handful of families and the need was felt to indigenize the leadership and reach out to the community, especially the University of Nairobi campus. Through the committed and visionary leadership of the Senior Pastor, Oscar Muriu, assisted by a dedicated Pastoral Staff and Board of Elders, the Nairobi Chapel has grown within the last 3 years from one congregation with 5 services to 5 congregations. These independent congregations that came about due to multiplication of the Nairobi Chapel in 2005 are:

Mavuno Church, in the South C area
Mavuno Downtown, (a church-plant of the Mavuno Church), in downtown Nairobi
• Kileleshwa Covenant Church, in Kileleshwa
Mamlaka Hill Chapel, which retained Nairobi Chapel’s original premises. They also hold one of their Sunday services and a youth service at the nearby Ufungamano House every Sunday.
• Mashariki Church, in Nairobi’s Eastlands.

Other churches that had previously been planted by Nairobi Chapel are:
Karura Community Church, near the Village market
Lifespring Chapel, in Embakasi.

The ministries of Nairobi Chapel have also grown to include the establishment of health clinics in slum areas, leadership development through an internship programme, and missions to other parts of Kenya, Africa, India and North and South America.

On 2nd September 2007, the Nairobi Chapel relocated to a 14-acre property located in Jamhuri, off Ngong Road. Plans are underway to relocate the Primary School Campus of Logos Christian School to the new property in 2010.